I will be the first to admit that sometimes I am not as thankful as I should be. I need reminders. Living with an “attitude of gratitude” is constant work however, it makes a world of difference. With my recent court battles, I have become a bit discouraged and I need to focus on the positives more then ever.
- I get discouraged by my battle only to hear from a woman in Ireland who can’t speak publicly about her situation. The thought of that breaks my heart. I was reminded that I have the freedom to speak publicly in my country and for that, I am thankful.
- I got discouraged last night when I received an email from a well-meaning woman who pointed out my spelling & grammatical errors only to suggest that I find someone to copy-edit for me. I kindly explained to her that many of my blogs are written in between loads of laundry and work projects- that this isn’t the way I earn a living but my personal journal. Instead of feeling discouraged and judged, I need to be thankful for my laptop and the ability to spell check which catches most of my errors. I can’t imagine the emails I would receive otherwise! 🙂
- I get frustrated with all of the things my daughters have had to endure through this battle. I need to stop and be thankful for the fact that they have handled it so well. I need to be thankful for the people who have come into our lives because of this battle.
- I often hear from women who are terrified to start dating again because of their experience with the Narcissist in their lives. They want to know how I got the courage to put myself out there again. I need to remember to be thankful for the honest, amazing, kind, loving man who landed in front of me and to never, ever take him for granted.
- I look back at the chaos of the past ten years and I shake my head in disbelief. I think of the past three years and resonate on how much my life has changed. Despite the tribulations, I would go through it all again to be where I am today. I look forward to the next ten years and for that, I am thankful.
What are YOU thankful for?