A simple request to change visitation time by 15 minutes isn’t a major issue if you have two normal and healthy parents who care about the best interest of the children. When you are dealing with a sociopath or narcissist, a quick two-sentence email opens the door for a 10-page manifesto which is sure to include personal attacks, bizarre ramblings and passive aggressive statements that are designed to evoke fear.
I have become a pro at the “limited engagement rule” although with children, there is some form of engagement that will be required for the next 13 years of my life and probably much longer. A few women on my board have recommended the software program, “Our Family Wizard” and I decided to give it a try. It’s been less than two weeks but I am hopeful that it will make a big difference in my life. I am going to think of it as another tool for survival- the communication tool….
Here are a few highlights which I have taken from their website:
- Easily coordinate your shared custody and joint custody parenting time schedules while keeping accurate records with the Our Family Wizard calendar.
- Take the confusion out of splitting the expenses with your co-parent through the Our Family Wizard expense log.
- Easily stay up-to-date with your child’s health records, immunization histories, school information, and more with the Our Family Wizard information bank.
- You don’t have to worry if an email got to where it needed to go anymore with the safe and secure Our Family Wizard message board.
In the past, I have promoted the idea of having an email account (gmail or like program) set up specifically for communication with the “X”. I used to dread opening my email because I never knew what kind of rant or attack was waiting for me. Our Family Wizard allows you to take this concept a step further and in addition, emails can be monitored by the court, a parenting evaluator or minor’s counsel. So far, I’m very impressed with the program. I was able to go into the calendar and add his visitation times and upcoming court dates. I also uploaded receipts and the calculator totals how much is to be paid by each party based on your own court ordered percentages. There is no need for me to notify him–it notifies each party when something new has been added and each party can see when the other has logged in.
They even have something called the “Tone Meter”! It actually monitors the tone of your email much like spell check would on a regular email program. This is the “Tone Meter” description straight from their website: Think of it as your emotional spell-check. ToneMeter identifies and flags emotionally charged sentences within your message. As intuitive as grammar or spell-check, ToneMeter goes beyond sentiment to gauge words and phrases against 8 levels of connotative feeling, allowing the end user to make real-time corrections and adjust the overall tone of messages using an easy-to-use menu system.
I know that some of you have used the program and I’ve even heard a few people state that theirs was court ordered. I would love your feedback on your experience and if it helped you in court. It looks like reports can be generated for the court which is another feature that I am excited about. Comment away! Tina
Our Family Wizard: Click here to learn more
- “Like” One Mom’s Battle on Facebook or Follow me on Twitter @onemomsbattle.com
- Going through a custody battle or divorce with a “high conflict” person? Purchase “Tina’s Tips” for advice and insight to help with your battle and your peace of mind.