Narcissism has a new poster child by the name of Peter Cook.He has actually admitted that he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Those of us who are familiar with the personality disorder or have been victims of this disorder already knew this.
A few things have stirred me while watching Peter’s interview:
1. First and foremost, I hate that Peter Cook is receiving publicity because that is what he lives for and thrives on. This is feeding his sick mind.
2. A typical narcissistic ploy is to “Muddy the Waters”. I have seen this played out in my own case and luckily, the courts saw through it. He is a liar so he says she is a liar to muddy the water. She just “wants peace” so ironically, he just wants peace also. My favorite part, he is an absolute diagnosed narcissist so (being smarter than a psychologist in his own mind) has now taken it upon himself to diagnose her as a Narcissist. My own X has diagnosed me with Lupus because he is smarter than my doctor who graduated from Harvard. It’s almost unbelievable.
Three words: Muddying. The. Waters. Three more words: Typical. Narcissistic. Strategy.
3. Crocodile tears. A narcissist doesn’t understand emotions nor do they feel emotions. Emotions are a sign of weakness and make a Narcissist extremely uncomfortable. ANY tears are crocodile tears to someone with NPD. I saw this in my ow marriage when my mother died. My X didn’t understand why I was crying. He literally said, “You weren’t even close with her– I don’t know why you are so upset”. It was my mother.
- Christie Brinkley agreed to talk about her divorce (briefly) for the first time in four years. She has remained quiet. If Christie was a Narcissist, she would have been on every talk show airing her story and defending herself against the Peter Cook Press Machine. She didn’t do this. She didn’t go on the show to discuss her divorce — she went on to discuss her new show on Broadway and agreed to talk briefly about her divorce.
- Christie Brinkley handled herself with class– because that is just who she is and has always been. Peter Cook sees her success as a threat to him and therefore, he must rain on her parade. It is a sickness.
- Christie Brinkley is a true hero to all of us who have been victimized by these men.
While Narcissism has a new poster child, bullying also has a new poster child by the name of Matt Lauer. I encourage Matt to do a segment on Divorcing a Narcissist and do the research on his own. If one positive thing can come from this interview, I hope that it brings awareness to the public, the courts and the media.
Click here to watch Christie Brinkley on the Today Show
Click here to watch Peter Cook on the Today Show